Below you will find instructions to help you complete your educational sanction as well as various volunteer agencies and opportunities. Note that you are responsible for identifying and contacting an agency to complete your community service.
- Identify and contact an agency where you would like to volunteer. Choose from the list of approved agencies in the Community Service Sites document below or from the list of Featured Volunteer Opportunities at the bottom of this page.
- Download and print the Community Service Verification Form below.
- Fill out the Community Service Verification Form, take it with you to your service, and have it signed by the volunteer agency.
- After you have completed your service and have had the form signed, complete the Community Service Web Form below and upload your signed Community Service Verification Form. The Web Form will require you to type in the information from your Community Service Verification Form and then upload that form to verify the signature from the volunteer agency.
- After you have completed all of these steps and completed your required number of hours, you will receive an email from OSRR to confirm that you have completed your hours.
Featured Volunteer Opportunities:
Mustang Family Weekend:
- Volunteer at Mustang Family Weekend on Friday, October 19 and Saturday, October 20. As a volunteer, you will be responsible for checking guests in, stuffing and handing out swag bags, setting up and taking down a few events, and more! Two meals are provided each day (on 10/19 and 10/20) for volunteers as well as a volunteer t-shirt.
- You can click here to sign up for volunteer shifts.
- If you have questions, please contact Jake at email@example.com or 805-756-6799.
Cal Poly Zero Waste Ambassadors:
- The Cal Poly Sustainability department is looking for student volunteers during Zero Waste Events on campus. Volunteers will need to attend a training, participate in making the event successful, wear closed toed shoes, long pants, and a plain t-shirt to the event. Volunteers will get a free meal and potential swag from vendors. Once you complete the sign up form, you will receive regular opportunities to volunteer so you can schedule accordingly.
- Sign up here.
- Questions? Contact Anastasia Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Carnival Volunteer (Friday, October 26, 2018):
- The Fall Carnival is an opportunity for the neighborhood and community to come together to support Sinsheimer Elementary School and to demonstrate positive community building and relationships. The carnival has games, a DJ, costume contest, food, prizes, etc. It takes a lot of volunteers day-of to make this event a reality. We are looking for about 40 volunteers for a total of 4.5 hours (volunteers can sign-up to work in shifts).
- Date: Friday, October 26
- Time: 4:30 PM – 9:00 PM (4.5 hours total, volunteers sign-up to work in shifts)
- Location: Sinsheimer Elementary School (2755 Augusta St., SLO)
- Volunteer Roles: Working game & craft booths, taking tickets, handing out toys, interacting with K-6th graders, helping clean up booths
- *If you volunteer, you will receive signed approval of community service/volunteer hours!
- To Sign-Up: Fill out this form and you will be contacted with more information and to confirm day-of details
- Please contact Christina Tutt with any questions at email@example.com