OSRR Learning Objectives
The goal of the student conduct process is to educate students about how their actions impact their person, the campus, and the greater campus community. Our first priority is learning, and we have created learning objectives as outcomes for students that go through our processes. OSRR supports the Cal Poly University Learning Objectives of thinking critically and creatively, communicating effectively, and making reasoned decisions based on an understanding of ethics and respect for diversity.
- Understand how the behavior required by the Standards for Student Conduct supports the student's ultimate success.
- Understand how the Standards for Student Conduct contribute to the well-being of the university community.
- Articulate the student's ethical obligations as a student and professional.
- Articulate the student's reasoning behind positive and negative behavioral choices.
- Develop the student's ability to recognize and evaluate alternative courses of action.